The 2015 AUSA Annual Meeting & Exposition was once again a huge success, bringing the U.S. Army and defense industry together. AUSA would like to thank everyone involved in helping to make this year’s Annual Meeting such a remarkable event, including our Exhibitors, Sponsors and Attendees. For a full recap, including the presentations, stories and photos, click here
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING: "The AUSA Annual Meeting is of the utmost-importance to the vitality of the modern Army. Vision Technologies Systems values this opportunity to meet with customers and showcase products to the people who use them, the American Soldier. The AUSA Annual Meeting is truly a world-class event.” General John G. Coburn, USA ret., Chairman and CEO, Vision Technologies Systems, Inc.
"Being entrenched in the military trade show business for more than 20 years, I can honestly say the AUSA Annual Meeting is by far the most impressive and impactful event Veterans United Home Loans participates in each year. Our brand exposure and opportunities to connect with tens of thousands of our potential clientele is immeasurable. The quality of this event is unmatched, which is why we look forward to AUSA each year.” Pam Swan, Director of Military Relations/Business Development | Veterans United Home Loans
NUMBERS, NUMBERS, NUMBERS: This year’s AUSA Annual Meeting included 26,101 attendees and exhibitors from around the world. This event once again occupied the entire Walter E. Washington Convention Center, including all five exhibit halls located on the upper and lower levels.
- 615 displays
- 300,000 net square feet of display space
- (8 ) international pavilions: Australia, Canada, Germany, Greece, Israel, Korea, Turkey, United Kingdom
- A number of other companies represented countries from around the world including: Norway, Poland, South Africa, Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates, to name a few
- (2 ) Small Business Pavilions with 65 companies
- Innovator’s Corner that included (37) presentations over three days
- New AUSA Cyber Pavilion organized by the Military Cyber Professionals Association (MCPA)
- AUSA Homeland Security Pavilion with seven organizations representing DHS
- Veteran Affairs Pavilion that included seven organizations representing the VA
- Veterans Career Hiring Pavilion organized by the American Freedom Foundation
- Army Display with multiple messages set up by AMC
- Army Warriors Corner that included presentations from senior personnel supporting key Army Themes
- Army Acquisition Rally Point – Occupied by ASA(ALT) personnel for meetings/visits and outreach.
- Installations, Energy & Environment (IEE) Rally Point
- 26,101 people from around the world
- 7,618 attendees: 22% were active military | 78% were civilians
- 8,483 exhibitors: 5.5% were active military | 94.5% were civilians
- 2,202 international participants
- 7 0 countries sent a military/government VIP or a representativet ( to include foreign attaches)
- Congressional Staffers – 248
- Senior Executive Service personnel
- Department of Defense representatives
- More than 4,000 of active duty military personnel
A PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FORUM: The AUSA Annual Meeting is, first and foremost, A Professional Development Forum. Key leaders from the Army, DoD and Congress gave important presentations about the future of the Army and Defense,including:
- HON Ashton Carter, Secretary of Defense
- HON John McHugh, Secretary of the Army
- HON Jeh Johnson, Secretary of Homeland Security
- GEN Mark Milley, Chief of Staff, U.S. Army
- SMA Daniel Dailey, Sergeant Major of the Army
During this year’s Annual Meeting, there were dozens of professional development events, seminars and presentations including:
- AUSA Institute of Land Warfare (ILW) Contemporary Military Forums
- AUSA Military Family Forums
- Sergeant Major of the Army NCO and Soldier Forum
- Small Business Forum
- Warrant Officer Professional Development Seminar
- Army National Guard Seminar
- Chief, Army Reserve Seminar
- Pre-Retirement/Survivor Benefit Plan Briefing
- Numerous International Networking events
- Department of the Army Civilian Professional Development Seminar
AUSA INNOVATOR’S CORNER
The Innovator’s Corner, a new AUSA initiative, is designed to pro-actively identify innovative technologies/approaches to address our Army’s top challenges and provide a forum to encourage dialogue between industry, academia, and military stakeholders. Over the past year, the Innovators Corner has introduced more than 50 innovative technologies ranging from advanced intelligent robotics to revolutionary medical technologies. Government and Military organization such as the U.S. Army Rapid Equipping Force, the Chief of Staff’s Strategic Studies Group and the Assistant Secretary of Defense Research & Engineering ASD(R&E) have and will continue to actively participate.
Watch all of the presentations from the Innovator’s Corner at the 2015 AUSA Annual Meeting here:
AUSA DIGITIAL SHOW DAILY, PUBLISHED BY DEFENSE NEWS
The AUSA Show Daily, published by Defense News, takes a look back at this year's AUSA Annual Meeting & Exposition. Inside this digital edition, you'll find "AUSA By The Numbers,” a spotlight on ground vehicles, and an interview with Gen. Vincent Brooks, Commander, U.S. Army Pacific. Read it here
DEFENSE NEWS WITH VAGO MURADIAN
Defense News, with host Vago Muradian, was very busy again this year and interviewed top leaders from both the Army and Industry. See some of those interviews and a full recap of the AUSA Annual Meeting as seen by Defense News here.
FEDERAL NEWS RADIO:
Federal News Radio was once again broadcasting live from our exhibit hall floor and interviewed a number of key leaders, including Dan Daily, The Sergeant Major of the Army. Listen to their interviews here.
In case you missed GOVEVENTS at the show, be sure to visit their website and register for your free membership. GovEvents is your one-stop-shop for all government and military events worldwide, and allows you to search for conferences, expos, training sessions and webcasts by topic, location, continuing education credits and so much more. Join more than 50,000 of your colleagues in the GovEvents community to find events that matter to you, near you! For more information, visit their website here.
PRESS AT THIS YEAR’S EVENT:
Nearly 200 articles mentioned the AUSA Annual Meeting. Media outlets included:
- Associated Press
- The Hill
- and Reuters, just to name a few
- Reach: Unique users exposed
– 6.4 million people
- Frequency of exposure ~ 34 million people
FULL RECAP | SEE YOUR FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES | PHOTOS AUSA now has a great photo gallery of everything that happened at this year’s Annual Meeting. Click to see our exhibit hall, the award presentations, seminars and anything else you may have missed at this year’s event.
SAVE THE DATE:
2016 AUSA Annual Meeting & Exposition Walter E. Washington Convention Center | Washington, DC October 3 – 5, 2016
Exhibit space is now available but selling quickly. For more information on exhibiting, please contact Rand Meade, AUSA’s Exhibit Manager, at 703-907-2678 or via email.
We will also once again offer a variety of ways to market your company before and during this great event. For more information on our Sponsorship Program, please contact Gaye Hudson at 703-907-2401 or via emailWe will also once again offer a variety of ways to market your company before and during this great event. For more information on our Sponsorship Program, please contact Gaye Hudson at 703-907-2401 or via email.
Detailed information on next year’s event can be found on our website in the near future. Plan now to join us!